At Columbia Gorge Family Medicine we specialize in bringing the Hood River community professional primary care, women’s health and acute care services. Our acute and urgent care services are available on a walk-in basis to everyone. This provides a convenient alternative to visiting the emergency room. Please see our About section for hours and directions.
For women in their childbearing years, the family physician’s role is especially important. The clinic’s doctors can provide care and medical advice during preconception planning, as well as care for you during your pregnancy, while delivering your baby and by providing medical care and health consultation for both mother and infant thereafter. This long-term relationship is focused on caring for the whole family–parents, siblings and infant–not just the mother’s term of pregnancy.
In addition to the obstetric and pediatric components of our work, we can help people of all ages stay healthy with regular preventive care visits. We also will help you manage ongoing health concerns such as diabetes or asthma. If you have an urgent care need, we offer walk-in acute care services in the evenings and on Saturdays. While we ask people to establish a relationship with a provider at our office for full primary care services, our acute care hours are open to all. A specific list of care includes:
- Family-Centered maternity care (obstetrics) – We deliver!
- Prenatal care, birth and postpartum
- Well child checks and pediatric and teen immunizations
- Acute illness and chronic health concerns
- Annual physicals/Gynecologic exams
- Minor surgery
- Skin conditions
- Gynecologic procedures
- Counseling and medication for depression and other mental health concerns
- Care for joint injuries and broken bones
- Hospital care at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital
- Nursing home care
- Physicals for:
- School sports
- Other employment
and much, much more….